Thursday, August 30, 2007

The inflatable shark

Somewhere along the line I was optimistic. Thinking I would write in this blog more often. But, since I haven't, here's a few highlights:

-There is an inflatable shark in my office. He's a pool shark.
-I have moved to a fourth floor office, and now have an ocean view. Hopefully my shark will not leave me for bluer waters...
-My half sister found me on myspace. I am finding out things about my family I never knew. My dad is alive still. Good to know.
-Our post-doc and his wife have a new baby. The baby (Harry) cries louder and louder, until he's practically shreiking, lets out with a loud fart, and becomes peaceful again.
-I have tendonitis in my left wrist. I've been unable to climb since the beginning of August. Bleh.
-I went snorkeling with sharks for the first time. It was only some small ones, but they're really cool. I saw three of them in an hour (apparently there are lots more than that out there at once).
-Went kayaking with Obi around La Jolla Cove. Aggravated my tendonitis, but enjoyed seeing a sea lion swim right under my kayak.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but it doesn't feel like I've done much in the last month other than school work. And it will continue that way until my quals in a month. Ugh. SOOOO busy. But eventually it will all be over.

No comments: